„Report from the visit at Podhorce Castle” by Paweł Lech
Italians call such a location a „villa castello” or „palazzo in fortezza”. These terms reflect precisely the nature of the Podhorce architectural complex. The castle was built during the years 1635-1640. The construction was initiated by one of the greatest Polish magnates of the time, Stanisław Koniecpolski. However, the palace remained in the hands of the heirs of the victor from Trzciana and Ochmatów only until 1682, when it was sold to the Sobieski family, who in turn gave it over to the Great Crown Hetman (Marshall) Stanisław Mateusz Rzewuski. The Rzewuski family owned the palace until the partitions at the end of the 18th century, when the entire region fell in the hands of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.